The Church of St Paraskeva Piatnitsa
The chronicler names among the buildings in the Market Side the Church of St Paraskeva Piatnitsa (1207), located within 30 - 40 metres of St Nicholas. It is a rather unusual structure, especially when viewed against the background of typically Novgorodian churches. This is largely due to a rather complicated treatment of its architectural volumes and inner space: no Novgorodian churches have the same rectangular form of the side apses, nor do they have three side-chapels as St Paraskeva. In addition, its piers, round in cross-section, are likewise an extremely rare feature of 11th-13th century Russian architecture.