The Church of St Nicholas-on-the-Lipna
From Peryn, on a clear day, one can see, on the opposite bank of the Volkhov, the silhouette of the church of the former Monastery of St Nicholas-on-the-Lipna (on the swamp), dating back to 1292. This was the first Novgorodian structure to be raised after the liberation of Russia from the Mongol-Tartar yoke. Its forms are very similar to those of the Nativity of Our Lady in Peryn. The principal icon of the church was St Nicholas-on-the-Lipna. Destroyed during the World War II, the building was restored in 1960.