Ensemble of the Churches of the Annunciation and of the Archangel Michael
In the southern part of the Market Sideyard, on the way to Slavno, two churches form a small yet beautiful ensemble. One of them, that of the Archangel Michael, retains the lower parts of the walls of 1300. The second, that of the Annunciation, took its final shape in the 16th century. Both feature two-storeyed galleries, quite uncommon to Novgorodian architecture. The gallery of the Church of the Annunciation adjoins it at a right angle, not on three sides, as is usually the case. The bell-tower linking the churches was raised at the end of the 17th century.